Lost and Found Policy
The LDSBC Lost and Found is located at the Library circulation desk on the third floor. Items that are turned over to the Lost and Found will be kept for a period of 60 days. Any food items, or containers holding food, will be disposed of 24 hours after receipt. Any items containing personal information or deemed to be valuable will be kept in a secure area. If identification can be found on the item, the owner will be notified via email or phone.
Persons retrieving lost items will be asked to describe the item and the time the item was lost. In addition, they will be asked to provide a photo ID and student or employee number.
After 60 days, unclaimed items will be disposed of as follows:
- Items containing personal information will be destroyed by shredding. This includes financial paperwork, driver’s licenses, credit cards, and all other sensitive personal information.
- Keys, badges, and key fobs will be disabled and/or destroyed.
- Flash drives and other electronics with personal information will be wiped of all data.
- Cash will be donated to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Tithing Office.
- Other paper will be recycled.
- All other items will be donated to Deseret Industries.
Created: December 2015